- Associates: Elementary Education, East Central College, 1979
- Bachelor of Arts:Elementary Education, Webster University, 1981
- Masters in Education: Curriculum and Instruction, National-Louis University, 1994
- Educational Technology Specialist: University Missouri Columbia School of Information Science and Learning Technologies, 2002
- Ph.D. in Education: Coursework and Comprehensives Complete, Specialization in Teaching and Training Online, Capella University,, Anticipated Completion Date of Dissertation: January 2008
- eMINTS National Center: Certified eMINTS Teacher, 2004
- eMINTS National Center: Certified eMINTS Instructional Specialist, 2006
- May,2007- present: SqoolTechs.com and Gamequarium.com, Educational Technology Consultant and Educational Web Publisher
- 2004 to present: Midwest Educational Technology Conference (METC) Advisory Committee Member
- 2004 to May, 2007: Valley Park School District, Instructional Technology Specialist, eMINTS Coordinator, Moodle Administrator, and District Webmaster
- 2002 to 2004: Valley Park School District, Grade 5 eMINTS Teacher, Building Technology Coordinator, Valley Park Elementary Webmaster, Technology Integration and Web Design Trainer
- 1993 to 2002: School District of Washington, Clearview Elementary, Multiage Classroom Teacher, Grades 5 and 6, Clearview Elementary Webmaster, Technology Trainer, Head Teacher of the Clearview Summer School Program
- 1989 to 1993: School District of Washington, Labadie Elementary, Classroom Teacher, Grade 5
- 1981 to 1989: Franklin County R-2 Elementary, Classroom Teacher, Grade 6
- Valley Park School District: School Bell Retirement Award (2007)
- Valley Park School District: 5-years of Service Award (2007)
- Valley Park School District: Above and Beyond for Children Award (2004)
- Valley Park Elementary: Reach and Teach Award (2002)
- Washington Rotary Club Outstanding Educator Award (2001)
- Clearview Elementary: Outstanding Educator of the Year (2001)
- School District of Washington: Teacher of the Year Nominee (2001)
- Clearview Elementary: Outstanding Educator of the Year (1994)
- School District of Washington: Teacher of the Year Nominee (1994)
Web Site Awards:
- Valley Park School District: Title II.D eMINTS Grant-$330,000 (2006)
- Valley Park School District: Title II.D eMINTS Grant-$149,000 (2007)
Gamequarium – ( http://www.gamequarium.com )
- Selected as “Best Bet in Education” by USA Today
- Kathy Schrock's Site of the School Day
- Busy Educator Award
- Ranked in top 10 out of 1160 educational sites at Sites for Teachers: http://www.sitesforteachers.com/
- Ranked in in top 10 out of 400 at Best on the Web for Teachers: http://teachers.teachnology.com/index.html
Rank in top 2 out of 275 at Site for Parents: http://www.sitesforparents.com/index.html
Used in more than 46,000 classrooms worldwide
- “Guidelines for Online Collaboration” cited in Chapter 2 of Learning Together in Community: Collaboration Online by Dr. Rena Palloff and Dr. Keith Pratt.
- Gamequarium referenced in Education for an Information Age: Teaching In The Computerized Classroom(6th edition) Bernard John Poole, Betsy Sky-McLlvain, Lorrie Jackson, Yvonne Singer, 2006.
- Gamequarium recommended in First-Year Teacher's Survival Kit: Ready-to-Use Strategies, Tools & Activities for Meeting the Challenges of Each School Day by Julia G. Thompson.
- Gamequarium recommended in The Excellent 11: Qualities Teachers and Parents Use to Motivate, Inspire, and Educate Children by Ron Clark, Disney's American Teacher of the Year in 2000.
- Gamequarium recommended in Literacy Tutoring Handbook: A Guide To Teaching Children And Adults To Read And Write by Raymond P. Siljander, Jacqueline Reina, Roger A. Siljander.